Thursday, August 21, 2014

Lilly After{Math} Party

Anyone else a Lilly lover, like myself?
This year's After Party Summer Sale was definitely the talk of the preppy female world, as usual. I tried to resist ordering anything, but alas, that was an epic fail. Like, who am I kidding? 
There were so many cute prints to choose from, in addition to the rush of knowing that if you don't check out in time, your items will either get removed from your cart because your sorority girl next door neighbor loved the same patterned dress as you in that size {probably sitting in her pajamas on her bed, or still even under her covers, just like you...} OR {even worse as this creates panic across the interwebs and dark bedrooms across America of cranky girls awake early to get that one special scarf on sale} the website will crash (dun dun dunnnnn)
...all provides a perfect atmosphere for the massive storm that is the Lilly Pulitzer Sale.
Here's what I managed to walk away with:
(before 8:00am Monday... just a few hours after the sale opened up... I should be ashamed, but... yolo)

This adorable Eliza V-Neck T-Shirt Dress in Spa Blue Jellies be Jammin
I liked this because it will be cute for work or a casual social occasion! I really went for "dual purpose" this round of the Lilly sale- I wanted to be able to wear everything to work, but still feel like I could wear it for fun!

Introducinggggggggggg *cue obnoxious wrestler announcer voice*.... my first ever Lilly maxi dress!
Nigella Boatneck Maxi Dress in Resort White in the Garden.
I loved the light, fun pattern, the boat neck cut, and that you can definitely style the waist with a cute belt if you wanted to break up the length or emphasize your hour-glass shape.

Lastly, I feasted my eyes upon this cute number and decided I had to have it (I get that feeling a lot when shopping... hmmm). 
Cara Dolman Sleeve Dress in Multi Lulu
This pattern just screams "Hello Kaleigh Farmer, I was made for you"- I love the brightness, the tropical flare, the flamingos, and the emphasis of pink. All around perfection.


So what did Lilly Pulitzer, the Goddess of Palm Beach (RIP) and bright colors, suck you into buying this year? Was it a new scarf, a dress you've been lusting over for months, or one of those Elsa tops I just couldn't bring myself to add to my shopping cart for additional blow to my bank account...?

Now the real Lilly After{Math} Party begins... incessant checking of FedEx to see where in the United States your precious items are until they reach your front door step.
(Anyone else never heard of Hagerstown, MD before?)

No comments:

Post a Comment