Friday, September 20, 2013

XOXO, Gossip Girl

xoxo
Gossip Girl

A common signature for a show I have never in my life seen. (I know, I know... what?!)
SO.
this leads me to....... gossip.
It hurts, we all do it. So why
What possesses humans to do just that? 
I'm guilty of it- I've gossiped more times than I'm willing to admit (hello, born and raised in the SOUTH)
But still- boggles my mind why people, including myself, do this. 
We never react well to discovering others have gossiped about us- we are offended, hurt, and feel betrayed.
 So why inflict that on another person and continue the cycle? 
I'm an overly honest person, I speak my mind constantly which does get me in trouble more often than not (filter Kaleigh... Remember the filter) but I can at least always own that I have no fear of speaking MY truth.  
Hm.
Disagreements and arguments are always really uncomfortable for me- I am a feisty little girl, but when it comes down to my core, it eats me up. I guess I've softened in my old age. If I typically feel as though someone is not living up to my expectations, has really let me down, crossed me, or I am aware that I have upset them...
I talk to them. 
[what a concept right?]
They might not want to hear it, or they might not be receptive to it. 
But at least I can get right with myself that I attempted to reach a place of peace, or at the very least have freed my ugly inner thoughts. 
I wish more people could have that same courage, you really have nothing to lose- just anxiety from thinking negative thoughts or anxiety of being overhead/caught.
This sounds like I'm preaching to others, and I'm the last person that needs to be saying anything about what others should be doing. 
I want to be as transparent as possible and this is advice to myself. 
I really want to make a conscious effort in my life to tone down the gossiping. It's only a matter of time (hours, minutes, seconds) until I'm presented with an opportunity to partake in gossiping, but in light of my journey to happiness, I want to make a wholehearted effort to treat others as they wish to be treated. 
And no one wants to be gossiped about. 

Just the thoughts of the day. 

Today is Friday (praise the Lord), and the end to a flop of a week. 
Professional life- see ya for a few days. 
I need a break from you.

I'm looking forward to a night of fun and laughter tonight at Downtown Get Down with people that make me really happy.
I'm looking forward to being reunited with my best friend, Caitlin (who is making the trip from Jacksonville with her new man friend that I am beyond excited to meet), on Saturday. Also excited for another game day full of tailgating fun and victory.
I'm looking forward to Sunday to get back to a place of "zen" that has seemed to have been lost on this week.

I hope yalls weekends are just as fabulous. 

Love, 
K

No comments:

Post a Comment