Tuesday, September 24, 2013

sweaters, vests, and duck boots oh my!

So last night, when I got home from the long day I had I wanted to do some mindless pinning on Pinterest- recipes, clothes, the casual entire wedding (I don't even believe in marriage but I can't help myself sometimes- the dresses, the cakes, the fun gifts to give the bridal party really get me), cute puppies, funny eCards...Ladies, you know the deal. 

 These past couple of days have been so rainy and my apartment seemed to have dropped 10 degrees without actually moving from it's set 75, which has led me to have the worst Fall Fever I've had in a couple years. Not to mention, on my way back to work from lunch yesterday, I came across this little flock of Canada Geese that has already flown down for the winter...taking their sweet ass time crossing the road... But it was totally fine. I was in awe of how gorgeous they are, and really miss living in Virginia when we could look outside to find our entire yard covered in these beautiful creatures.

Oh memory lane... Anyyyyyyyway.
Since I did go on a pinning rampage last night (sorry to all my followers), I found some really adorable things! My mentality last night seemed to be:
EVERYTHING COLD WEATHER CLOTHES.
MUST. PIN. ALL. THINGS. COLD. WEATHER. RELATED.

I have never in my life been a "plaid person", but since last fall/winter I've had my eye out for the perfect plaid button down. I used to despise "plaid people" (like they're their own breed of human or something), as I want to avoid looking like a hill billy or a grunge rocker at all costs, but I think when done right (such as the one featured above), it can look very preppy and put together. I tend to like jewel tones- deep reds, navy's, emerald/hunter greens versus bright colors and black (the hated "plaid people" favorites). 
A few weeks ago, I purchased this AMAZING J.Crew Quilted Vest (sold out, but other colors found here) from the Destin J.Crew Outlets. I can.not.wait for it to get cold enough for me to wear this- this also might be my literal favorite color. If you've never noticed, Creams, tans, whites, chocolates aka neutral monochromatic are my favorite go-to color schemes to wear. They go with everything!

 I clearly am not a believer in the rule "Don't wear white after labor day", as there are definitely "Winter Whites" so why not wear them? I suppose with my olive complexion and tan skin I'm a sucker for those tones. You don't even have to do neutral monochromatic color schemes though, I think this navy and chambray duo is a perfect opportunity to incorporate color into a monochromatic scheme.  
 Look at how comfy this "Winter White" outfit looks? 
It makes me want to curl up with a comfy blanket on my couch, dim the lights to watch a good movie (or Bravo) and drink a mug of hot chocolate... 
[Oooooor I might just do that when I get home anyway.]

 Duck Boots are something I grew up in Virginia with. My mom even wore them when she was in high school, college and on, so when the "wearing classics" conversations began years ago, it's always been something to remember as no one in Tampa probably knows what they are...
I have a pair of Faux "Vera Bradley" Duck Boots from a few years back when I went to Pennsylvania to visit my boyfriend [at the time] during the winter, but I think it's time I lay to rest that poor fashion choice. Think it might be time to right my duck boot wrongs and get just a normal pair of LL. Bean of Duck Boots. 
(And no, I don't care that the high today is 85 degrees today)

I love how masculine, yet feminine they can be for women. 
Also, the longevity and usage is pretty high, even in Florida.
I prefer the 8" with Navy over any of the other styles or colors. Reverse the button down and vest colors in this outfit above, and I'll be sporting this look sometime in November or December

So. Many. Awesome. Finds. 
{So. Few. Funds. In. The. Bank.}
Such. Little. Time.
Sometimes I really wonder if I have generated a shopping addiction...

Some "mindless pinning" to my "Fall Fashion" board isn't the only thing I was doing. I came across  a ton of great sayings, quotes, etc., but this quote which definitely sparked some not-so-light thinking.  
[of course because all I wanted to do was mindlessly pin outfits that make me happy]


What a bold statement, right? I really think that couldn't be more of a bigger challenge when one is striving to  "let things go". Accepting an apology you never got? Psh. I'm a total firecracker when it comes to "right and wrong". I'm overly loyal as a friend (Knowles has referred to me as a Golden Retriever at times)- almost to a fault, so when someone I am extremely close to, thus feel immense loyalty towards, hurts me I immediately want an apology. 
How could you?
Well. Snap back to reality (oops there goes gravity.... haha sorry I couldn't resist).
That. Doesn't. Always. Happen.
Most of my personal growth has happened over the past two years, so this concept is something I've been working on. Accepting an apology I never got. Wow.
Maybe this hit home with me because this concept has been in my face pretty frequently the past few weeks. Have you ever just reached a crossroads with someone you are really close to? Right is a glimpse into the future of our kids swimming in the kiddy pool together while we bake in the sun, laughing and chatting away, left is drifting apart and becoming total strangers. I suppose that's where I am. Or where I feel I am. If you had asked me just six months ago if  I would be in the situation with a friendship like this I would have laughed, but alas, I am here. And I am trying my best to deal. 
It's hard when people aren't supportive. Supportive is such a meaningful word to me- A support system for when you're drowning in personal life, a reinforcement to behavior that lends making amends with others (or good intentions to try), a partner in crime consistently. People can't be expected to live up to your mental friendship expectations or expected to handle scenarios exactly as you would- otherwise we would all be clones of each other. Oooooops
 [Sorry, Kaleigh, that isn't the real world so stop expecting that of others, you moron.]
For some time now, the qualities that I define supportive as, has dwindled with one of my most important relationships, one I held closest to my heart- talk about an extremely hard pill to swallow. 
But what can you do other than express how you feel and try to make it better?
I would rather accept an apology I never got, than ruin an entire friendship that is meant to last a lifetime.
I have to learn to let things go more often. So I'm trying, but its definitely a work in progress. 
Maybe there is a reason I came across this quote, a sign from God if you will, that I need to let go and move on from the negative feelings in order to save a friendship... and my own sanity. 


Just some food for thought. 
Hope your beginning's of Fall are going great!

Love
K

No comments:

Post a Comment