Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Phillip Lim, you escape me

Today is a new day!
I woke up in a spectacular mood! 
So sometimes I really do think the Big Man hears you when you need him to listen.
Carpe Diem, right?

After work yesterday, Morgan and I went to Target to check out the Phillip Lim Launch... EVERYTHING was sold out or picked over! I couldn't believe it because their merchandise had only arrived Sunday night! I was very torn over this handbag, but that shade of taupe/grey just isn't quite my style. 

Now had the plum or black been available it would be permanently attached to my arm today. 



The Phillip Lim clothing selection was also heavily picked over, so I just end up with this Peplum dress found elsewhere in the store. 
I'm wearing it to work today paired with a Lilly Pulitzer Resort White Bow Belt and Black Suede Jessica Simpson Platform Pumps.

I think it's pretty darn cool!

When I arrived home yesterday, my BIRCH BOX had finally arrived! I was too exhausted and drained from the day to fully go through it (The finale of Tamra's OC Wedding and a new episode of Real Housewives of Miami was on, so that was the center of my attention), but I did manage to paint my nails with the metallic green polish that was in it! I did notice there was a "sock bun" type hair piece in there, so I'll have to test it out!

Since  I didn't have a totally stellar day, I decided to treat myself to a bubble bath, a glass of wine, my favorite candles and a good book.
It felt amazing to just relax- I even dozed off! Oops!

Today is such a beautiful day outside, it's a great reminder of what making the right moves in your life is like... It's all about moving on from unpleasant moments and focusing on the positive. 
So, that being said... I leave you with a little humor.
I used to be really into healthy foods, learning about them and trying new things (I was leaning towards the hippie side late in high school- to the point where I was checking out Environmental Science as a potential major at FSU)... 
Well once I was here, college directed me in the path of alcohol, gumbys pokie sticks and taco bell... 
Needless to say, there is a Whole Foods opening up in town, which I am excited for as I am always excited to see Tallahassee's economy growing. 
However, this article will exactly be my reaction when I go for the first time.. Enjoy.


Love, 
K

No comments:

Post a Comment