Monday, September 16, 2013

You again, Monday?

Well. It's definitely Monday.
I usually hate when people say that, it's not really any different than any other day of the week...
But from waking up completely exhausted to personal life mishaps, I'd say this is a Monday.

I keep this blog to remember moments like this, when I feel really defeated with people. I had an amazing weekend surrounded by positive, happy people that choose to be around me. 
I have gotten discouraged today by the behavior of some people that desperately want to break my spirit (that I have purposefully kept out of my life after promising myself in a New Years Resolution to rid my life of negativity), by those that I adore have just been using thoughtless words to essentially stir a pot that did not need it, or by those that have disappointed me with their lack of support in my effort to "do the right thing". 
So, for my benefit I am going to recap this weekend and bring my spirits back up.
Maybe this will thicken my skin a little too.
 Life is far too short to let a perfectly good day feel like a "Monday".

Downtown Get down
What a blast! I don't think in college I had ever taken full advantage of how fun it is- I was always at a bar either downtown or closer to FSU property for Happy Hour.
Morgan and I arrived, enjoyed a nice adult refreshment and walked around to see everything. It's a really nice feeling of community- something I absolutely enjoy being a part of. 
Only negative- it was as hot as Haiti. 
I enjoyed the sunset outside of Harrys (click here to check them out- yummy food!) after putting in a reservation at 101 (also click here to check them out- I'm a regular of theirs from my college time, but even more so now that I work directly across the street from their location..Their food and drinks are super great, with a totally fun atmosphere). We were seated outside, which was actually great because the sun had gone down so the weather was enjoyable. Downtown Get Down also has live entertainment in the plaza of the Tallahassee Center, so we got to enjoy that without dealing with the crowd or standing. My young brother plays for Big 8 Drumline, so I was able to get a front row glance at their performance. Between the good company, good music and entertainment, and good drinks I'm not sure I could have been any happier.
There is Kiernan, next to center snare, which is his "Big".
Morgan and I outside of 101


Our night continued onto the Midtown area, with a sketchy stop at Waterworks and their Space Bar first. Can't say I had ever been there before, as it really does look sketchy outside and I'm not sure if its clientele is quite my normal crowd but it was an experience to say the least. 
I'm so grateful for beautiful nights like that, where sheer happiness is to be had. It reassures me that I am on the right path to making my new life exactly how I want- filled with good people and good times.


FSU vs. NEVADA
It's finally time for our first home game! If I thought downtown get down was hot, boy was I wrong. This Florida heat is rather unforgiving. But I can't forget the effort that it took to get to the game. Morgan and I are booster members, so we have the ability to ride an AIR CONDITIONED (I really felt the need to emphasize how great that AC felt) charter bus that drops us right off outside the stadium. Only problem? 
No alcohol allowed on the bus.
HA. Don't try to tell us no!
So, props to Morgan for carrying an entire case and two bottles of champagne (neatly wrapped in a town to avoiding the clinking sound of the glass of course) from the car to the bus, and from the bus to the tailgate.  
Tailgating is always a blast- even if it was a million degrees outside. 
I couldn't have asked for a better result, a 62-7 win.
Laura and I tailgating
Some of my adorable co-workers


My day, that turned to night, continued to CollegeTown, as I've stated many times before, I really love Madison Social. It was such a great crowd, as it's so close to the stadium. I also did a little exploring of the rest of the places that recently opened, it's such a great vibe! We finished the night at the Palace- a rowdy bar close to my apartment. 
I'm so thankful I went to Florida State and that we're starting the season off so strong!
I'd say Bobby would be proud. 
This is one of my favorite photos of Bobby


Sunday Sunshine
Sunday I was exhausted from all my activities the day before- the sun really does take a lot out of you. So why not go lay in the sun some more right? Haha!
Morgan and I ventured out to Southwood, a community further away from downtown but one that is precious, to lay by the pool and just veg out. I'm such a sun baby (but when I can cool off in a pool!)- I love to just soak up all the rays since it makes me feel so good. It was a nice day to simply relax. 
I was able to catch up with my little and grand little Sunday night over some ice cream. I've missed seeing them and spending time with them. 


I already feel better after reflecting on this weekend. I have such a great support system in my life, I really just need to remind myself to focus on that. I'm so lucky for all that I have. Also, Miranda Lambert Pandora can really turn your day around if you're ever in need of a pick-me-up.
Hope your Monday isn't a Monday, but another day to embrace.

I'd also like to leave you with one of my favorite sayings my grandfather, Pops, always told my mom and to me when I was old enough. \
I wish I could give him a hug and kiss, and thank him for that permanent reminder in times like this.
"Don't let the bastards get you down"

Love, 
K

No comments:

Post a Comment