Sunday, August 18, 2013

Oh Weekend, Where did you go?


This weekend has FLOWN by! I can’t believe its SUNDAY?! I like to look back on what I did throughout the weekend (since I really have started living for Saturday and Sundays now that I work full time) so here it is... Wasn't quite Luke Bryan's Wild Weekend, but certainly was a goodie.

Friday
My best friend had her white coat ceremony! She’s finally done with her first semester of Medical School at Florida State! Working in an anatomy lab with cadavers all day long and most of the weekends this past summer have been really grueling for her. After her ceremony, the Parks family and friends had a DELICIOUS dinner at Masa. We followed dinner by a night out at Midtown for some fun.


Saturday
This might have been the laziest day of my life. With all the overcast weather and rain we've had, I don't think I got out of bed except to take Mayley out.  Lots of rain + Lots of netflix + Lots of cuddling with Mayley= Total bum status. Sometimes days like that are just what the doctor ordered though, it definitely gave me time to catch up on sleep and reflect on the week, not to mention spend a lot of quality time with my girl. However, I did manage to win a really pretty pair of Lilly Pulitzer pants off eBay for only $20! AND a David Yuman ring! woohoo! 


Sunday
Today was so much fun! I started the day out with an Alumna Brunch at my beautiful sorority house. All the interior design changes are GORGEOUS and I'm so proud of my chapter. Certainly quite the strange experience to actually leave with the rest of the alumna left instead of going back to practicing like the colleigans... I can't believe its been a whole year since I participated in my last recruitment, but it was great to be reunited with my little family! 

Aren't they absolutely stunning??

After spending lots of time saying hi to everyone, mock rushing, watching our adorable skit and enjoying yummy breakfast food, it was time to continue on the girliest day I've had in a while! My best friend and I got pedicures; so relaxing! This really has become a thing for us, which I really look forward to! I got a gel manicure for the first time too (Welcome to civilization right?). I think it turned out pretty cute, the color I picked is very sweet and bright. For my pedicure, I always get french; I really love how clean cut and fresh it looks. I'm also really boring and a creature of habit ha!

After our nail time, we continued on for some shopping. Our intention was to hit Loli and the Bean our usual favorite, but silly us didn't realize it was closed today. Instead, we went a little further away from the Tallahassee bubble and arrived at Spriggs. I've always been a lover of Spriggs, I just wish it was closer to where I live! I ended up coming out of there with a nice new Volcano candle (my favorite scent ever) in a jar that matches my apartment perfectly and a pair of quatrefoil earrings. 

This week
This week I have some fun stuff going on, finally! My brother has been here since last Thursday and is staying with me until he is able to move into his apartment next Friday. Getting to spend time with him has been great and I've really missed him! Tomorrow, Morgan from Beaus and Arrows and I are going to Capital Young Republicans at a really cool place here in town called Krewe de Gras, I'm so excited to visit for the first time! Tuesday is one of my pledge sisters birthday's so we'll be having dinner and drinks at Joe Mama's Pizza, another pretty unique restaurant to Tally I haven't gotten to try yet. Thursday I'm SUPER excited though because Morgan and I will be going to an Access Tallahassee networking event, but the best part is that its hosted at Madison Social so I will get a sneak peak before it officially opens August 26th. To make Thursday even better, my parents will be arriving to help my brother move into his new apartment! I can't wait to see them!

I'm really excited for this week. I know I'm going to a lot of "events" which can be cheesy, but this is how I've been able to make new friends for this new chapter of my life, while living in my college town. They're actually really fun too, not to mention I'm getting to explore so many places in Tallahassee I haven't been to before. I'll be sure to post some pictures of them later in the week!

So that was a pretty laid-back post. I needed a break from the reaaaaal deal stuff, but I've had a lot on my mind so I'm sure I'll be continuing my mini-series of male drama and maybe get into my journey with finding faith when I gather my thoughts together. Time to finish up some work, watch Bravo and relax with my puppy for the rest of the night.
Sweet Dreams

Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment