Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Happier than a camel on a Wednesday

Happy Hump Day y’all!
So many exciting things have been happening this week!! J

Monday was my first Capital Young Republicans meeting… Not quite the crowd I’m used to even though I’m conservative to the bone. Morgan (Beaus and Arrows) and I still had a good time, even if I made better friends with the bartender than some of the attendees. Overall though, I did meet a lot of interesting young professionals and was glad I went to network. Krewe De Gras is pretty unique place and I really enjoyed trying it out! 

Here’s a photo of Monday's Young Republican's Social 

More importantly than that… LILLYS ENDLESS SUMMER SALE BEGAN! I definitely participated this year since I finally have some CA$H to spend on over-priced little girls inspired clothing. I’m such a lover and hater of Lilly, but I’ve definitely been on a kick lately. Morgan and I went to Pink Narcissus on the other side of town to shop during our lunch hour and I came out with two GORGEOUS dresses and an adorable belt! I really should learn to say no… but YOLO right?  
Here's a photo of the dresses I purchased during the sale. Both retailed $188 and I got them for $62 each! I can't help but love a good sale! The one on the top I plan to wear with my precious white bow belt I also bought from Pink Narcissus!
Here's a close up on the beautiful detailing on the second dress. I'm just obsessed!

I know I talk about my chapter a lot, but oh well. Monday also marked the first real round of Florida State's recruitment! I've been demanding from my little and grand-little that I get sent pictures of their outfits each day... I'm just a proud Grammy of my beautiful model-like rockstars and want to show them off! 
Here's a photo of them from Ice-Waters round... Aren't they GORGEOUS?!?
(Who know's what they're actually calling it now, it will always be Ice-Waters to me!) 
I've been listening to a song that was played a lot during a year I was doing recruitment... Definitely an oldie but a GOODIE. I can't help but think of these two angels whenever I hear it! 
She grew up on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows. She grew up good, she grew up slow... like American honey

Tuesday was really fun too! Happy Birthday to one of my pledge sisters and good friend, Bethany! This hot shot almost cancelled on her own birthday celebrations due to her flight to Aruba this morning... But that can't happen! Everyone has to celebrate their birthday! It was really nice to just enjoy the outdoors on Wine Loft's balcony with some great company. It was extra special to catch up with my favorite couple in the whole world, Schmidty and Matt. (Schmidty still goes by that even though shes no longer Leanne Schmidt but Leanne Murphy- I love it!)
Here's some of us at Wine Loft- Lilly certainly was the accidental theme (couldn't wait to wear my new dress!)
... and I couldn't resist buying the party hats!
Struggling to keep the candles lit from the fan blowing so much... 
Regardless, Happy 23rd Bethany! Love you!

Wednesday aka Today should be much more low-key. I'm going to have lunch at Paisley Cafe which is one of my favorite little lunch places in Tallahassee! Their menu is so unique and different every day! Tonight should be relaxing, I'm looking forward to just hanging out with the pup and finishing up some work projects.. Maybe (not maybe.. will) watch some Bravo and just get a good nights sleep. Tomorrow I'm getting to explore Madison Social with Morgan and Caroline so I'm getting pretty pumped about it!

Hope everyone has a great rest of their day! Only half of the week left until the weekend! 
I'll leave you with my newest addiction. Music really speaks to me, I connect with it and it really changes me, so its such a joy when I get attached to a sweet"feel-good" song. 
Some days you just need that!
Enjoy!



Love, 
K




No comments:

Post a Comment