Friday, September 12, 2014

Five on Friday

Broadcasting to you live on this glorious friday night from the Farmer couch, American Eagle boxers and sorority tank top {circa '11} is who I'm wearing, with a bowl of hamburger-less hamburger helper (so yes that's just macaroni and cheese at this point) as my hottest accessory… 
Clearly I'm having a real rager of a night here. 
No shame.

Kyle is off to Georgia for the weekend to dove hunt (something about mugging the symbol of peace is a tad ironic to me…)  So while I miss his company, it's actually pretty peaceful in this little apartment. The doggies are fat and happy (let's pray Mayley has fully kicked whatever bug she's had all week cause Mommy is running out of Arm & Hammer "pet spray" and I'm at the point of finding doggy diapers) napping on the floor around me, the soothing sound of the Real Housewives of New Jersey screaming at each other is playing in the background and the sweet smell of my Capri Blue Volcano candle is burning (which reminds me I need another one). 

I figured I would recap my top five favorite moments recently since I feel like that may be more productive than literally laying here like a sloth.

{ONE}



ALL OF MY GIRLS WERE BACK TOGETHER. 
*insert freak out
[Disclaimer: Elise is missing from this photo. 
slacker hasn't sent them all to me yet so hey, this is the best I could do]
IT'S FOOTBALL/TAILGATE SEASON
*insert second freak out*

Florida State had their second game of the season last weekend. Our boys definitely have their work cut out for them, but I'm hoping for another great season with two W's already under our belt. My girls all drove in Friday night, we had a wonderful brunch Saturday morning prior to the game (courtesy of these Pinterest-inspired breakfast muffins and some yummy mimosas) and had a fun, yet rainy, game day. I also got to spend time friday night with Kyle's parents at dinner and caught up with them at the game! What a great weekend! 
{PS- how cute is my ginga man}


{TWO}


I loved spicing up my work attire with a sleek teased pony, a gold hoop, a snakeskin top paired with black dress pants and a warm red lip. 

{THREE}




Despite me eating hamburger-less hamburger helper currently (hey I'm allowed a cheat meal every once in a while), I have been pretty conscious about what I've been eating and putting into my body. I found this recipe from simplytaralynn.com for "Crustless Pumpkin Pie Apple Crisp Muffins" which are only 42 calories!! While I wasn't a huge fan (the consistency wasn't what I was expecting- they are definitely  more pumpkin pie consistency than muffin consistency), Kyle enjoyed them and I even got the go-ahead to bake them again!

{FOUR}

My office is undergoing interior renovations, which is so exciting. Our building interior is straight out of the 70s and 80s, so you have absolutely no idea how much we are looking forward to these investments. In the spirit of organizing my office, cleaning things out and boxing everything up so the crews can come in and paint, replace my carpet and furniture I've been pinning like crazy some new ideas. 
I am going to have extra bookcase space (oddly enough, I really do not have a ton of stuff. I'm a big believer in "if no one has touched this in the past 2-5 years, why am I hoarding this?") so I'm excited to redecorate what is existing in my office with a new flare. I've had frames sitting in my bedroom (from my childhood bedroom) that I've been hanging on to hoarding for quite some time, so I think I will be working on a gallery wall as well- mixed with personal photos, some Florida inspired photos and motivational sayings. 
Here's some of my inspiration: 




{FIVE}


Shout out to my puppy princess Mayley. This poor baby has been sick this week, but I will say that after a day at the groomer at the beginning of the week, she is still sporting a fresh haircut and her golden retriever fur is softer than ever. I feel so bad my fur baby hasn't been feeling good, but today she seems like she's back to herself. Here's to hoping that I don't wake up to a mine field on my carpet again! (Sorry, TMI)

While Kyle went on a run one day, Mayley was resting in her crate (sick puppy) and I felt I needed to get this 75 pound hunk out and burn off some of his energy. So Ajax took me for a 30 minute walk first, which included a scenic tour of urinating on every single bush from the stadium parking lot to Dick Howser stadium, finishing that leg of the trip with a nice dump in the planters in front of the Dick Howser sign ("Yeah. I'm sorry" was all I could muster to those awwww-ing at his cuteness followed by crinkling their noses when they saw what he was actually doing), then followed by me actually taking him for a walk for the remainder of the time. Sometimes it's just nice to get out and into scenery I don't see everyday (even though I attended FSU for four years and tailgate for games still, I don't walk through the GORGEOUS campus anymore, so on beautiful evenings like that, it screams out for a brisk walk) 

-----------------

Well that's all for now folks (cue bugs bunny voice). As I've watched all sorts of E! News and RHONJ now, probably moving onto TLC or HGTV (desperation is setting in along with a terrible headache), I'm trying to plan what I'm going to do with my day tomorrow. I've never gone to the Tallahassee Downtown Marketplace, but it also might be a great day to go to the beach… decisions, decisions.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment