Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Five

Hi y'all! Can you believe it's Friday?! I can't this week flew by… Maybe because it was a four day work week for me since I was on VACATION.. Okay sorry that was mean. But this week has really gone by so quickly and it's been such a busy week! 

Here's my Friday Five:

{1} So this was technically last week, but my one year anniversary of adopting my adorable blonde fur child was July 5th! I can't believe this sweet ball of fur has been in my life for a whole year! I am so incredibly proud of the progress she's made (I rescued her and clearly whatever bastard owned her before abused her, so she has a llllllllllllll sorts of quirks about her) and how far she's come in getting back to being a happy and healthy little doggy. 
Here's my little Mayley girl as I sit here and type this post 
"Mommmmm you need to be holding ME instead of that laptop" 
Did I get the prettiest {and sassiest} little girl or what?!
Here's a photo from this morning that I just had to share. Can a girl use the bathroom in the morning without putting on a show? {Notice Mayley is watching from her crate too} sheesh

{2} I am desperately looking for a good book to read. I've recently come back into contact with my fully functional, dusty, and lonely nook with a craving for a good read. I'm not really into the Divergent  or The Hunger Games series {maybe it's the not wanting to become utterly obsessed like the rest of the human population on the planet}, the Fault in Our Stars sob-fest {that just screams: Please lay in bed and cry yourself to sleep at how sad this story is… Also, wasn't a Walk to Remember eerily similar to the storyline of this novel? Hmmm}… and so on. It seems when I've recently looked at the Best Sellers list(s) nothing is really appealing to me. Comment with suggestions pleaseeeeee

{3} I had my make-up training with Junior League (JLT- check them out here!) this week! It very much reminds me of when I was a new member in my sorority all those years ago. Looking around at my new member class (who are basically strangers faces at the moment since we're all new), sitting in different rooms in the JLT house learning the history, organization chart, and so on. I'm so excited to keep learning and participating in this organization- I've even signed up for my first volunteering event. It's an event called Kids Boutique (read more about here), and in a nut shell they take underprivileged children in the Leon County area through Kohl's and take them back to school shopping! This allows these children the same experience many of us had in going back to school- new clothes, new backpack and school supplies, shoes and so on!

Here's what I wore to my training 
{Ignore the smug look, that was a sassy snap chat lolz}
Denim Jacket:: Old Navy 
Peach Crotchet Dress:: Trending Now
Gold Hoop Earrings:: Trending Now
Turquoise Pendant Necklace:: Forever 21 (old) --> Similar found here

{4} I came across this hilarious article titled "30 Hilarious Letters from Kids Just Trying To Say How They Really Feel" and I honestly could.not.stop.laughing. I screenshot this particular one and sent it to my group text {aka my four best girl friends from college} because I couldn't help but feel this was targeted future casting for our lives as moms…

 {And yes, it is possible to have 54% at 8:18 AM… Welcome to the life of multiple group texts}

{5} I got to see one of my best friends today!!! Amanda moved away to Illinois to work on becoming a bomb-ass professional and get paid way more than I ever could one day, so I don't get to see her very often anymore. WELL she came to Tallahassee to meet another student from her program that is interning RIGHT HERE IN TALLY, and to spend time with friends, so I was able to see her! I would be so incredibly happy if we could be reunited once more in Tallahssee, but that is still a few years off. We spent lunch today catching up at 101 over great food and me enviously eyeing of her refreshing glass of pinot grigio. 

Here's a photo from a couple years ago {and very much not professional, but yolo}, but honestly this is one of my favorite memories with this fiery lil lady. 
Love you, Amanda!

Hope everyone is looking forward to great weekend. I know I am! I'm starting mine off with dinner at one of my favorite local restaurants in Tallahassee a cute double date with my bestie. 
What do you have planned to make your weekend awesome?


1 comment:

  1. Great post!
    ~Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete