Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Happy Birthday!

Kyle's 26th birthday was Monday! My old man is getting older- he's officially back to being three years older than me again hehe

I wanted to post the gift I got him, because I know some people struggle with what to get significant others, newly married couples, family members, etc and I think this could be a really great option. I can't legally feature the name of the company, but ask me privately and I would be happy to guide you in the right direction on Etsy. What kind of gifts do you give to your better half?

The wood is rosewood, it came with the garnet painting done, the Seminole head applied and professional sealed. I honestly could have done this myself {not to toot my own horn but I have a decent painting hand and stain doesn't cost anything } but building this is something I could have not done. With my crazy work schedule, it was easier for me to have it 90 percent completed when it arrived. Shout out to the Campus Greek Shop (click here to see their awesome merchandise) for cutting his name, and guiding me on choosing the font. They never disappoint and it's so nice to see retailers that value their frequent customers (because I certainly am one, even in my post-grad life)



Also, kudos to Publix Bakery for making this awesome camouflage carrot cake for him. Publix really is where shopping is a pleasure, they couldn't have been more helpful in deciding on the final product with me. {And no, I didn't Jameis Winston this cake…}




We celebrated Kyle's actual birthday with dinner at PrimeTime, which has *amazinggggg* and very unhealthy food, but hey I think this deserves a cheat night. Some of our friends joined us, and it was such a good time. I was just so happy to make this day as special as I could for such a sweet and generous man who treats me so well. I am so unbelievably grateful to have him in my life. 

Hope everyone is having a great week so far! Half-way done!

Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment