Sunday, January 12, 2014

What I love about Sundays

Well here's a little recap of some of my past week...
I think I need to start acting 22 again, I've been itching for spontaneity and I've been routine to an extreme (for me) lately. I've also been severely missing the pool of friends I had access to when I was in the sorority. Just to go run errands with, take a random trip somewhere (be it Thomasville, or Alligator point), lounge around or especially right now- someone to go to the gym with (I never took advantage of that in college) 

Luckily, I got a good taste of that Thursday night when I cooked dinner for my little, grand little, GREAT grand little (waaaaait. whaaaaaat.) and Caitlin. Since I'm really trying to stick to eating right (maybe have one cheat day) I wanted to make something that everyone likes [PASTA] but put a healthy kick on it. 
Fettuccine Alfredo- but with cauliflower based sauce. 
*mind blown*
I'm such a carbaholic that whenever I "diet" it crashes and burns sooner rather than later because I just want to eat all the pasta and bread in sight. Granted, this recipe -found here- isn't the all-time healthiest since it does still require a little bit of heavy cream (1/4 cup) and butter (1 TBSP) but come on! 
photo cred
photo cred

Now, I will have to say it didn't EXACTLY taste like Fettuccine Alfredo, but that may have been user error. Instead of fettuccine pasta, I used whole grain rotini (that's what I had in my kitchen already- and the whole grain is much better for you than regular pasta. This recipe calls for sweet potato pasta but girrrrl I'm ballin on a budget here) and I did add a red bell pepper for a little extra color/flavor. Either way, I personally enjoyed it (but I also cooked it hah!) and had leftovers to take to lunch the next day. 


Friday night I went out with Caitlin and her boyfriend. She and I started our night having mexican for dinner (I even tried to control myself somewhat there, but it was definitely my cheat meal) and it was nice to just do something outside my house with my best friend. I feel like the weather the past two weeks has called for me to be indoors, so I've felt a little cooped up and antsy to get out of the house. Her boyfriend then joined us at midtown. 
I guess I'm old- can't drink like I used to and was home before 12:30. But I still had a good time!

Saturday, Caitlin and I had lunch then I spent most of the day being cooped up inside due to bad weather. I did see Anchorman 2 last night though and thought it was hysterical. I never usually think that sequels are as good as the originals, but this was pretty great. Who doesn't love Will Ferrell? 

Today is just beautiful outside. It's definitely a "what I love about Sunday" type day. I've been dying to have a nice day outside (that I can actually enjoy- it's always nice whenever I'm locked away in an office!). The windows are open, the sun is shining, the laundry is going and I'm determined to get caught up for work-maybe from the tables at the pool. I would have preferred to have gone to church this morning since that usually makes me happy, but my congestion was out of control (thanks medicine for making me feel better). I can't help but miss the days that I would head to Andrew's downtown for a sunny outdoor brunch (yummy mimosas and the best brunch buffet you'll ever have), but this is pretty awesome too. A sister, Caroline, is moving into the most adorable house I've ever seen (ironically, I stalked it online while it was for sale without even knowing that her family was intending to purchase it!) so I'm planning help her move- her mom and her have been putting the cutest touches on it during their remodel and I can't wait to see the finished product. Plus who couldn't use an extra hand moving on a beautiful day? ALSO, my man comes home tonight from his weekend deer hunting in Georgia, so I'm pretty excited to see that ginger beard of his and get a big hug

I've felt my life has gotten a little dulled from being cooped up, but blogging about all that I did makes me appreciate that I'm able to do these things and dims the "dull" feeling. Just reassurance that writing/recording my life makes me love it even when I've been kinda in a funk. Hope everyone has a wonderful sunday and starts their week of amazing.

Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment