Tuesday, September 10, 2013

So Long Sweet Summertime

I really can't believe that summer is coming to end, it's already SEPTEMBER!!! 

Where has the time gone?! So much has happened, so I'll recap on some fun adventures!

SEASIDE
Where do I even begin? As soon as I make my fortune, I'm dropping everything and moving here. It's the perfect little beach town I've ever laid eyes on. Couldn't be more my style Florida meets Nantucket. A friend, Caroline, took me to all the cutest places- we drove over early in the morning, stopped for lunch at The Great Southern (check them out- AMAZING food), walked around and shopped, hit the beach for some tanning time, did a little more shopping and looked around at the coolest artwork and bookstore then had dinner at Bud and Alley's on the water (talk about a perfect view!) We obviously couldn't leave without stopping in Watercolor (the town immediately next to Seaside) without watching the most beautiful sunset in the softest white sand I've had between my toes in quite some time.

My yummy lunch- the Smoked Gouda Grits were my favorite part, along with the grilled Gulf Shrimp!
Happy Farm
 The cutest place for lunch!
 enjoying the salt water
 gorgeous Watercolor sunset- Isn't this stunning?!
So breathtaking

Like I said... I'm moving there and never coming back. Just something so peaceful and relaxing about getting away from the hustle and bustle of daily life... The ocean will always be able to wash over my soul until the day I die; it's certainly a place I go to rejuvenate and clear my heart and mind.


NOLE NATION
The Noles had their first game away at Pittsburgh, and came out with a 41-13 win! Definitely a great start to the season. Some girlfriends and I, Caitlin and Morgan, watched the game from a comfortable bar stool at Madison Social... That is slowly turning into my new favorite hangout! I had to get my little girl in the game day spirits too- Thanks PetCo for the jersey! She's a rather particular pup, but she didnt seem to mind the jersey what so ever!



Cant wait to use my Recent Alumni tickets for the home game this Saturday!! Go Noles!!


NYP
I attended another Network of Young Professionals event recently. I'm really liking these events, its a great opportunity to put myself out there as a business woman and for personal reasons. This NYP was at a... different bar to say the least. Pug Mahone's isn't my normal stomping grounds (I had to google map directions to get there) but I still had a good time. We may or may not have ended up at Hooters afterwards for some wings and beer. Was I born a guy at heart?
Caitlin (left), Me, Morgan (right)- I was obsessed with how sweet and girly my outfit was and completely purchased from a local boutique. I love to support local small businesses!
I went to the bathroom for literally two minutes and came back to this... Happy Birthday Kyle! (... it wasn't his birthday but the girls still made him flap his wings like a chicken on top of the stool)


NICO'S AU NATURAL WALTZ
Oh waltz season is in full swing in sorority land right now. Caitlin and I decided to venture out for a night on the town with some of our favorite sisters for Nicoles "Au Natual Waltz". Nicole is a little hippie child, nature and tree loving sweetheart. So it was only natural that she had an Au Natual waltz (ha- pun intended!) Before heading out to the favorite waltz spot, the strip, we convened at The Catalyst, a new and GORGEOUS complex in CollegeTown. 
 Her tank tops definitely got a lot of attention at the bar- but I think its hysterical! I also never turn down an opportunity to wear my Chacos!
 All eyes on the flower child! Happy birthday girly!
Caitlin (left), Me, Danielle (right)
It was great to get the old ladies out for a night, even if I only lasted til midnight. 
Danielle came in town for the weekend, she was my first best friend at Florida State and I am so lucky to be able to call her my sister. 


MY OFFICE
It's FINALLY done! Shout out to my amazing Mom and Dad for helping me rearrange and hang up everything. Note the BEAUTIFUL diploma frame they ordered for me!


COLOR RUN
This past Saturday morning I did my first ever 5K! The Color Run came to Tallahassee and I couldn't pass it up. I'm not a runner by any means (I actually HATE... no LOATHE running due to knee problems- I like to exercise through high level aerobics classes, yoga, dancing.. you get the picture) but I can check running a 5k off the bucket list. It was such a neat experience and it really is the "Happiest 5k"



GIRLS NIGHT OUT
Saturday night Caroline, Morgan and I treated ourselves to a nice girls night out. Getting glammed up and pretending we're #sorich is just what the doctor ordered! We got drinks at Cypress, a place I hadn't ever tried before. Talk about amazing, I totally recommend it (but bring your wallet!). We followed that by a night out to midtown and madison social (I really am getting hooked!) which was a total blast. 
I adore these girls!
 Our bartender was a really great mixologist! Isn't this drink adorable? Tasty too!
 Midtown candids
 The outfit for the night
The Girls at Midtown


SUNDAY FUNDAY
Sunday was a day spent of socializing. I usually spend Sunday's to myself, getting myself organized by cleaning and doing laundry in preparation for the coming week, but this sunday I couldn't pass up being outside. Morgan and I went to a pool party and the weather was absolutely perfect- Sunny and warm, but with a touch of Fall approaching. Morgan, Caroline and I went to a relaxing girls night later on with some of the girls we had met through NYP. I really enjoyed getting to know them by; we played cute games, enjoyed some yummy appetizers and homemade sangria. It was like bunko in training, but I loved it!
I was able to use the coozie my Daddy got for me at the pool... He knows how much I love watching episode after episode of Duck Dynasty. He's the sweetest :)


Whew. What a whirlwind these past couple of weeks. I've missed blogging though, putting my thoughts down into text is really therapeutic. I really love that I'm able to track my life too- I'm in such a great place right now (a far contrast from just a few short months ago when I was not adjusting to my new life very well) so I want to really be able to appreciate every second. God is finally answering my prayers and giving me the happiness and peace I've been looking for, and quite frankly, been needing. I am by no means where I aim to be in my life as I think you should always strive for sheer bliss, but this is my journey and I am working to get there. 

And I taste those moments of sheer bliss. 
I hope you taste them too.

Love, 
K

No comments:

Post a Comment